Microsoft Dynamics EDI
DCS Experience Makes EDI Straightforward
Data Communication Solutions EDI consultants have several years of in-depth experience with the Dynamics family of accounting products (including Great Plains™, Axapta™, and Solomon™). Integration with BizTalk™ for EDI and AS2 is thorough, quick, and economical. We can help you with X12, GS1 (standardized tag XML), and custom XML formats. Additionally, for EDI data not imported into Dynamics, DCS can map it to a Microsoft SQL Server™ table from which you can build an application.
We have experience integrating to these leading EDI products and more:
- Microsoft BizTalk™
- Covast Accelerator™
- GXS’ Inovis’ TrustedLink™, Biz™, and Application Integrator™ products
- Sterling Commerce’s Gentran:Server™
- and other EDI systems
DCS EDI consultants can help you determine if you can integrate your existing EDI system at a reasonable cost or help you select one. Our time-proven ERP conversion service speeds your conversion. DCS is eager to work with your Dynamics provider. Our experience is with the EDI/E-C Gateway: we do not seek non-EDI work. Your first step is easy; just email DCS for your no-cost assessment.
Here’s how automated EDI works with Dynamics:
- Customer Orders (850 or ORDERS) automatically enter the Dynamics Sales Order Module, where they are suspended pending Customer Service approval.
- After packing, Shipment Notices (ASN, 856, DESADV) flow out automatically when the order is closed. Flags may be set to ensure data that could cause a chargeback must be sent.
- Invoices (810 or INVOIC) are also automatically sent.
- Other EDI documents such as price sheets and catalogs can be integrated in a matter of days.
- XML is also possible, but not commonly used by major corporations.
When process automation is achieved your connection to Dynamics is completely integrated: your Customer Service, Purchasing, and Shipping Department will not need access your EDI system.
To keep cost low, incorporate the Functoids, set alerts, and provide ODBC, positional, or delimited interfaces for each Transaction Set and direction. Another challenge is activating the several dozen correct fields among the hundreds available for each document.
(Dynamics SL™ EDI integration occurs using TIE KENETIX’s Edge™, a different EDI system. The processes of EDI integration and operation with Solomon™ are similar. DCS has experience with Edge since its creation in the late 1980’s and can help you with Edge EDI challenges.)
DCS EDI consultants can help build your EDI foundation or add more process automation. Your first step is easy; just email DCS for your no cost assessment.