Get Immediate Confirmations, Have Time to Second Source
Improving Your Inventory Management Means Real Savings
Improving inventory management through automation of purchasing processes with key vendors can help you improve inventory management and is a proven winner. EDI and other electronic methods enable quick and reliable sending of forecasts and POs that faxes and spreadsheets cannot do. For example, a quick and accurate PO Acknowledgement alerts you that an order will be short shipped or late shipped. Later, at the time of shipment, your distribution center is prepared because they are informed about the shipment arriving.
Conversion to a new business process requires attention to very many crucial details. To maintain the peak efficiency consider outside assistance from veterans. Request our FREE EDI assessment and learn how DCS can help you achieve a smooth cut-over and ensure your EDI continues to run smoothly.
Here’s how it works:
- Send vendors your Forecasts from your existing purchasing system such as SAP or Oracle. This benefits both parties – your company is able to plan better and vendors are alerted earlier.
- Send the vendor a PO. You can also change it immediately and automatically.
- Receive PO Acknowledgments within 24 hours. Your staff then knows the details are accepted or can quickly seek another resource.
- Receive Shipment Notices. This confirms the promise is kept and alerts the receiving dock.
- Receive Invoices from vendors. This eliminates data entry and helps cap staff levels.
- Pay by EFT to better manage cash flow.
- For small-to-medium sized vendors, DCS can post a PO on your website. The vendor than easily converts the PO to a PO Acknowledgment.
There are few significant changes as the purchasing group works with their existing application, not the EDI system. After a few key vendors are successfully implemented, buyers can negotiate for greater discounts as EDI provides a direct benefit to vendors and a high ROI. Later, non-production and trucking vendors can be added.
DCS has experience with hundreds of ERP conversions and upgrades can speed up the process and avoid the many pitfalls that can arise. Best of all, DCS will teach you to become self-reliant in managing your automated EDI processes.
The costs of converting are:
- The generic map development
- Customization for each vendor
- Training both users and the I.T department
- Communicating with vendors.
DCS Can Help you Improve your Inventory Management
Improving inventory management requires attention to very many crucial details. To maintain the peak efficiency consider outside assistance from veterans. Having performed numerous conversions, DCS can help you achieve a smooth cut-over and ensure your EDI continues to run smoothly.
Our DCS PROMPT™ remote support service and GROW™ development service are standardized services to ensure thorough, quick, and economical solutions. DCS will speed up the process with our extensive experience. Having an on call group of EDI specialists is a welcome comfort when working with new technology, especially when it involves business critical processes.. The first step is easy, just e-mail us for your FREE EDI assessment.