NetSuite™ EDI Challenges?
DCS Can Help!
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is often a weakness of NetSuite users. This means it becomes an afterthought that rears its head near the end of the conversion. Yet, you know key customer’s EDI activity cannot be disrupted.
Data Communication Solutions’ (DCS) EDI consultants have experience with the EDI portion of the E-commerce module. We can help you configure it to your customer’s requirements. Integration of EDI and NetSuite is straightforward, but not trivial. The challenge is activating the several dozen correct fields among the hundreds available for each document and direction. The interface structure can be complex and difficult to tackle. For example user exits or scripts are frequently used when mapping to/from the interface.
NetSuite services providers may only need to integrate the outbound invoice. Other documents required by large customers such as the Purchase Order may be received, emailed to customer service and printed for comparison to bid/quote information already in NetSuite. We can tell you how many other services and non-production users used a blend of integrated EDI, printed, and WebForms to reduce cost by integrating when needed and giving easy access otherwise.
Here are the necessary deliverables you must provide:
- Identify key resources and opportunities in your environment.
- Develop the project plan with all of its appropriate components (including training).
- Ensure the EDI and NetSuite teams work closely together.
2. EDI Development
- Create a comprehensive configuration for each key Transaction Set, e.g. INbound Purchase Order (850).
- Customize the comprehensive configuration for each Customer.
- Set up and test communications between the translator and the interface.
- Set up data transmission testing: setting AS2 or FTP over your VPN to your Trading Partners test mailbox. This is done while working closely with the firewall manager.
- Archive off the old EDI system and data.
3. NetSuite Development
- Set up the tables required to receive/send (Data File Structure, Partner Cross-References, Partner Profiles, Code Conversion, etc.).
- Set up the document types and processing rules using NetSuite Integration.
- Check to ensure all customer locations and their part numbers are loaded.
- Set the inbound control record and record keys.
- Install and test the finished maps and setup.
- Train users (Customer Service, Accounts Receivable, and more).
- Train I.T. (daily operations and mapping).
- Have help available for support if needed.
Let DCS EDI consultants help you build your EDI foundation or add more process automation. We recommend our ERP conversion service.
- Most of the US companies conducting X12 or EDIFACT EDI requirements are well known to DCS.
- Popular transaction sets such as Inbound PO’s (850), Outbound ASN’s (856), Outbound Invoices (810), Inbound Releases (830), and Outbound PO Acknowledgements (855) have been implemented at many of our customers. You should also consider 3PL EDI (94x series) and Transportation EDI (21x series).
- Communications set up is a specialty of DCS. Connections using EDI INT AS2 (HTTPS in batch mode) reduce cost by elimination of pricey Value Added Networks.
- DCS also has experience writing directly to tables, but recommends use of the EDI/E-C Gateway.
- Finally, DCS has helped many companies convert their EDI from lesser ERP systems to NetSuite.
Your mapping will be thorough, quick, and economical due to our many years of EDI experience. Having DCS EDI Specialists develop the first few Trading Partners and communication parameters lowers the cost of implementation and hastens payback. Using a seasoned expert who knows EDI and NetSuite will save you time and headaches.
Your first step is easy, email DCS for your no-cost assessment.