Infor 10 ERP VISUAL EDI Challenges?
…DCS Can Help!
DCS has in-depth experience with Infor 10 ERP Express™, (formerly VISUAL ). The VISUAL Manufacturing Data Interchange (VMDI™ module), when used with v. 6.28 or newer, significantly lowers the cost of automating EDI. Here’s how automated EDI works:
- Customer Orders automatically enter the Sales Order Module, where they are suspended pending Customer Service approval. The most common corrections before approval are to part-numbers, prices and ship-to addresses.
- Documents that can be automated include INbound Purchase Orders (ANSI AIAG 850 or EDIFACT ORDERS), Inbound Purchase Order Changes (860 or ORDCHG), INbound Releases (830 or DELFOR), and Shipment Schedules (862 or DELJIT). This means all methods of receiving customer orders come to the same point for Customer Service approval.
- The near weeks of releases can be set to automatically create sales orders that are ready for customer service to approve.
- Shipment Notices (ASN, 856, DESADV) flow out automatically when the order is closed. Flags may be set to ensure missing data that could cause a chargeback must be sent.
- Invoices (810, INVOIC) are also automatically sent.
- Order Acknowledgements (855 or ORDRSP)
- Other EDI documents can be integrated in a matter of days.
We have integrated VISUAL to Inovis’ TrustedLink™ and Biz™ products, Sterling Commerce’s Gentran™, and others. We work with your existing EDI system and network. Popular integrations are with automotive companies (including agricultural and construction), electronics, defense, and consumer products.
- DCS has experience with most of the 300 U.S. companies conducting X12 or EDIFACT EDI.
- Popular transaction sets such as Inbound PO’s (850), Outbound ASN’s (856), Outbound Invoices (810), Inbound Releases (830),and Outbound PO Acknowledgements (855) have been implemented at many of our customers.
- Connections using EDI INT AS2 (HTTPS in batch mode) reduces cost by elimination of Value Added Networks.
- Finally, DCS has helped many companies convert their EDI from lesser MRP systems to VE.
You will enjoy a wider fulfillment window when the data entry step is eliminated because Customer Service has more time to scrutinize orders. You will also avoid costly, disruptive, last minute changes and expedited shipments.
VISUAL EDI VAN Conversion Service
DCS is ready to help you save. If you connect through an EDI network (VAN) that charges for each document or customer and if you have at least 20 customers then you may wish to consider bringing EDI in-house. The investment is about $30,000. The payback is no document or customer cost. If you pay more than $2,500 monthly, then your R.O.I. is 100%.
Let DCS help you with your first few trading partners, since setting VISUAL EDI is straight forward but not trivial. Since 2006 DCS has assisted over 20 VISUAL users with EDI upgrades. DCS can help build your EDI foundation or add more process automation using our time-proven DCS conversion service. DCS is eager to work with Synergy Visual South, VBS, or your ERP Visual dealer. Having DCS set the first few customers and communication parameters will lower the cost of implementation and hastens payback.
We can help you determine if your existing EDI system can be integrated to VISUAL. The first step is our no-cost assessment.