SX.enterprise (NxTrend) EDI Challenges?
…DCS Can Help!
Many DCS customers using Infor’s ERP SX.enterprise™ (formerly NxTrend) have taken advantage of the numerous new features to boost process automation by moving to a higher level of EDI integration. This helps you cap your staffing level and reduce errors. DCS can help you integrate your SX.e system with your existing EDI system or help you select an appropriate EDI translator to integrate with NxTrend. We have experience working with a variety of translators such as:
- GXS’ TrustedLink™ and Biz™ products
- IBM’s Gentran:Server™ and Sterling B2B Integrator™
- TIE Kinetix’s eVision™
- Altova’s MapForce Enterprise™
- Microsoft’s BigTalk™
- and others on most platforms.
We can help you determine if you can integrate your existing EDI system to NxTrend at a reasonable cost.
EDI integration with SX.e is a significant task. The structure can be complex and difficult to tackle. For example user exits or scripts are frequently used when mapping to/from NxTrend’s flat files.
We work with the three components of reliable and economical EDI:
- The NxTrend gateway
- Your existing EDI system
- Secure Internet data transmission (AS2 or AS3)
EDI too often is an afterthought during the SX.e implementation, or comes up suddenly as an “on demand” project requested by a key customer that needs to be completed yesterday. In both scenarios you are forced to piece together a workable solution. This is something that you must do well and ensure that best business practices are followed, since future development is built on this foundation. Integration is also economical due to Infor’s well structured Open SOA™and e-commerce tool kit.
Here are the necessary deliverables you must provide:
- Identify key resources and opportunities in your SX.e environment.
- Develop the project plan with all of its appropriate components (including training).
- Set-up your development and test EDI systems.
- Create a comprehensive map for each key Transaction Set, e.g. Inbound Purchase Orders (850).
- Customize the comprehensive map for each customer.
- Set-up and test communications between the EDI translator and SX.e.
- Set-up data transmission testing: setting AS2 or FTP over your VPN to your customer’s test mailbox. This is done while working closely with the firewall manager.
- Archive off the old EDI system and data.
- Set-up the SX.e tables required to receive/send flat files (Port setup, Partner Cross-References, Partner Profiles, etc.).
- Identify the document Types and the flat file layouts to/from SX.e.
- Work with your programmer to help define any custom SX.e flat file requirements.
- Install and test the finished maps and setup.
- Train users (Customer Service, Accounts Receivable, and more).
- Train I.T. (daily operations and mapping).
- Have help available for support if needed.
[successstory title=” Accommodate Key Customers at a Low Cost” url=”https://www.dcs-is-edi.com/infor-sx-enterprise-success-story”]Learn how DCS helped an automotive distributor economically meet the needs of customers requiring Shipment Notices in formats other than X12.[/successstory]
Let DCS help build your EDI foundation or add more process automation. Since SX.e mapping is not trivial, we recommend DCS NEXT-LEVEL™ Conversion service. Your mapping will be thorough, quick, and economical due to our many years of SX.e EDI experience in your industry. Having DCS develop the first few Trading Partners and communication parameters lowers the cost of implementation and hastens payback.
Here are the reasons a consultant can help:
- Most of the US companies requiring X12, EDIFACT, or GS1 (standardized XML) are well known to us.
- We have experience with cross-industry EDI transaction sets, not only Inbound PO’s (850), Outbound ASN’s (856), Outbound Invoices (810), but also the 3PL (94x series) transactions and Transportation (21x series) transactions.
- DCS uses the add-ons for SX.e created by the EDI systems providers that can save cost.
- Communications set-up is a specialty of DCS. Connections using EDI INT AS2 (HTTPS in batch mode) reduce cost by elimination of pricey VANs.
- Documentation and Training are a must when implementing any EDI program.
Finally, DCS has helped many companies implement and/or maintain EDI in their SX.e system. Using a seasoned expert who knows EDI and SX.e will save you time and headaches. With experienced professionals, you can avoid common pitfalls when implementing EDI with your SX.e application. DCS is eager to work with your Infor dealer. Our experience is with the EDI/E-C Gateway: we do not seek non-EDI work.
Your first step is easy, email DCS for your free assessment.