Six things to Look for in an I.T./EDI Consultant
DCS will work with you to develop and maintain the process automation that meets your needs
Choosing an I.T. partner can be daunting. Get it right, and you can increase efficiency; get it wrong, and your business may suffer. A good partner will work with you to develop and maintain the process automation that best meets the needs of your company. This partner helps create a system that works for your business now and accommodates for change and growth in the future.
DCS can assist you with your EDI challenges, small or large. Click here to learn more about our services.
- Is your partner experienced with your EDI system? Your ERP system? In your Industry? Since your business is unique, you need a partner with a wide array of experience. It’s necessary because your processes must be carefully adapted to your key customers’ processes.
- Will the partner provide references? Make sure the partner will supply you with a list of customers in your industry who will answer questions and provide written references to you. If not, the partner as not for you. If the partner does supply a customer list, you might want to ask them the remaining questions.
- Is the partner’s business stable? Find out if the partner is a stable business organization with the technical infrastructure and staff to deploy a solution for your business within your time frame. After the partner implements the business solution, you want to make sure the organization supports your I.T. staff to fine tune the processes and to address any problems that might arise.
- Is the partner an expert in your industry? You need a partner who demonstrates a clear understanding of your business concerns and your industry, a partner who can draw from extensive expertise with multiple businesses in your industry. Your partner should suggest strategies and develop your business solution with you.
- Does the partner clearly understand key customer requirements you need to meet? The solution proposed by the partner should be the right one to address your business requirements. If it isn’t, the partner needs to be willing to re-work the proposal until you have exactly what you need. For example, does the partner have extensive experience with your ERP system’s EDI/E-C gateway? Find out ahead of time about any hidden fees related to revising your solution.
- Are the partner’s consultants technologically proficient? Make sure the partner uses a proven implementation methodology and configuration tools that speed implementation, configuration, and upgrades. Ask the partner about the professional and technical experience of the person that will serve you.
Making the right choice will bring long-term, sustainable, and significant bottom line and personal benefits to your company and you. Find out how DCS can assist you with our FREE assessment of your EDI needs.