Infor XA EDI Expertise Immediately Available
EDI Headaches? DCS Can Help!
DCS has in-depth experience working with Infor10 ERP Discrete iEnterprise™ (XA) formerly MAPICS™. We can help you add fields, documents, or customers working with your existing EDI system such as:
- Gentran:Server™ for the IBM System i™
- Global eXchange Services’ (formerly Inovis) TrustedLink™(TLi) for System i and the newer BizManager™ 400
- Extol’s EDI Integrator™
- Seeberger’s Business Integration Server™
- and other EDI systems.
We also have experience working with your key customers’ requirements. Our experience significantly lowers the cost of improving EDI processes.
XA changes too often come up suddenly as an “on demand” project requested by a key customer that needs to be completed yesterday. You are forced to piece together a workable solution. This is something that you must do well and ensure that best business practices are followed, since future development is built on this foundation.
Integration with Infor’s XA is straightforward but not trivial. The challenge is properly activating fields in numerous files among the hundreds available for each document and direction. The interface structure can be complex and difficult to tackle. For example, user exits or scripts are frequently used when mapping to/from the interface.
Here are the necessary deliverables:
- Set up the MAPICS files required to receive/send files (Port setup, Partner Cross-References, Partner Profiles, etc.).
- Identify the documents used and the flat file layouts of those documents to/from MAPICS.
- Work with your ERP programmer to help define any custom MAPICS requirements and set up any customized flat file capability.
- Setting MAPICS EC for inbound Planning Schedules (Releases, 830 or DELFOR) or Shipment Schedules (862 or DELJIT) is straightforward, but not trivial.
Testing, Training, and Implementation
There are several advantages to seeking DCS’ EDI assistance:
- Adding fields is swift because we know the pertinent files.
- Adding customers is largely setting the EDI profile in the customer records
- Adding documents requires a gap analysis based upon several files and processes. (Procedure changes are needed too.)
The costs of changes relate directly to discovery and testing (always more time consuming because the customer approval is needed). Minor changes in procedures may also be needed.
Another savings opportunity that is often overlooked is setting AS2 or FTPS to your Trading Partner. This is done while working closely with your firewall manager and can eliminate pricey VAN fees.
Successful change requires that all business processes are NOT interrupted. Chances are deadlines are impending and progress is slow. To maintain the peak efficiency consider outside assistance from veterans.
Let DCS help add more process automation. Since MAPICS mapping is not trivial, we recommend DCS GROW™ development service. Your mapping will be thorough, quick, and economical due to our many years of MAPICS EDI experience in your industry. And, we are
eager to work with your XA consultant.
Here are the reasons a consultant can help:
- Most of the U.S. companies conducting EDI in the X12, EDIFACT, or GS1 (standardized tag XML) formats are well known to DCS.
- We have experience with cross-industry EDI transaction sets, not only Inbound PO’s (850), Outbound ASN’s (856), Outbound Invoices (810). You should also consider the 3PL (94x series) transactions and Transportation (21x series) transactions.
- DCS uses the add-ons for MAPICS created by the EDI systems providers that can save cost.
- Data transmission set up is a specialty of DCS. Connections using EDI INT AS2 (HTTPS in batch mode) reduce cost by elimination of pricey Value Added Networks.
- We are experts with the EDI/E-C Gateway and ERP modules of XA. Unfortunately, many XA developers do not have experience with EDI.
- Documentation and Training are a must when implementing any EDI program.
Using a seasoned expert who knows EDI and d MAPICS’s will save you time and headaches. With experienced professionals, you can avoid common pitfalls when implementing EDI with your MAPICS application. Your first step is easy, email DCS for your free assessment.