Infor10 ERP Enterprise™ (Baan) EDI Challenges?
…DCS Can Help!
DCS experience with EDI/AS2 integration to Infor10 ERP Enterprise™ ERP (formerly Baan/LN) can provide quick and thorough improvements in process automation. Our EDI consultants can help you integrate your Baan ERP system with your existing EDI system or help you select an appropriate EDI translator. We have experience working with a variety of translators such as:
- Inovis’ TrustedLink™ and Biz products
- IBM’s Gentran:Server™ or Sterling B2B Integrator
- TIE Kinetix’s eVision™
- Global eXchange Service’s Application Integrator™ (GXS)
- and others on Unix, Linux, and Mirosoft SQL Server™
Our experience significantly lowers the cost of automating EDI because we are familiar with Baan, your EDI application, and your customer’s EDI/EC requirements. We can help you determine if you can integrate your existing EDI system to Baan at a reasonable cost. Eliminating the order entry steps will allow you to enjoy a wider fulfillment window and fewer errors.
Integration of Baan, EDI, and AS2 is a significant task. The Baan V™ and LN™ E-Commerce module permits flat file and ODBC options, but they can be complex and difficult to tackle. For example, user exits and Java™ scripts are frequently used when mapping to/from it.
We work with the three components of reliable and economical EDI:
- The Infor10 ERP Enterprise gateway
- Your existing EDI system
- Secure Internet data transmission (AS2 or AS3)
EDI too often is an afterthought during an ERP upgrade or comes up suddenly as an “on demand” project requested by a key customer that needs to be completed yesterday. In both scenarios you are forced to piece together a workable solution. This is something that you must do well and ensure that best business practices are followed, since future development is built on this foundation.
Here are the necessary deliverables you must provide:
- Identify key resources and opportunities in your Baan environment.
- Write a gap analysis for all fields (elements) required by your customers.
- Develop the project plan with all of its appropriate components (including training).
- Set up your development and test EDI systems.
- Create a comprehensive map for each key Transaction Set, e.g. INbound Purchase Order (850).
- Customize the comprehensive map for each customer.
- Adapt the ORD001 and other interfaces for the three formats supported by AIAG: X12, EDIFACT, and XML.
- Set up and test communications with the translator.
- Set up data transmission testing: setting AS2 or FTP over your VPN to your customer’s test mailbox. This is done while working closely with the firewall manager.
- Archive off the old EDI system and data.
- Set up the tables and look-ups required to receive/send (Part numbers, ship-to addresses, etc).
- Configure the BEMISTM ORD001 for inbound PO’s, OCA001 for outbound PO acknowledgements, and the INV001 for outbound Invoices.
- Install and test the finished maps and set-up.
- Train users (Customer Service, Accounts Receivable, and more).
- Train I.T. (daily operations and mapping).
- Have help available for support if needed.
[successstory title=”Creating One Order Gateway for All Documents Types” url=”https://www.dcs-is-edi.com/erp-enterprise-success-story/”]Find out how DCS helped a capital equipment manufacturer squeezed more efficiency out of Baan by Improving EDI processing.[/successstory]
Let DCS help build your EDI foundation or add more process automation. Your integration will be thorough, quick, and economical due to our many years of Baan EDI experience in your industry. Using our time-proven DCS NEXT LEVEL™ Conversion service, DCS will set the first few Trading Partners and communication parameters and then work with you to set others. This lowers the cost of implementation and hastens payback for your Baan EDI investment.
Here are the reasons a consultant can help:
- Most of the US companies requiring X12, EDIFACT, or GS1 (standardized XML) are well known to us.
- We have experience with cross-industry EDI transaction sets, not only Inbound PO’s (850), Outbound ASN’s (856), Outbound Invoices (810), but the 3PL, (94x series), Transportation (21x series), healthcare 83x series, as well as many lesser known transaction sets.
- DCS knows the add-ons for Baan created by EDI systems providers can save cost.
- Communications set-up is a specialty of DCS.
- Documentation and Training are a must when implementing any EDI program.
Finally, DCS has helped many companies implement and/or maintain EDI in their Baan system. Using a seasoned expert who knows EDI and the Electronic Commerce module will save you time and headaches. DCS is eager to work with your Infor LN dealer. With experienced professionals, you can avoid common pitfalls when implementing EDI with V or LN. Your first step is easy, email DCS for your free assessment.
Read a case study for a Baan Integration.