DCS Can Assist in Boosting Sales, Speed-up Processes and Cut Costs
NOW is the time to begin your planning for next year, and target potential savings from more EDI process automation. Since 1991, Data Communication Solutions (DCS) has helped hundreds of businesses make the right choices with their EDI systems. Since your business is unique, the combination of your experience and a DCS EDI specialist, exploring the many possibilities improves your budget preparation. Chances are you have looked at many alternatives and encountered choices. But which possibility do you choose and is right for your company?
We Can Help You Plan for Next Year
Your business is unique so the changes you consider must adapt to the way your business processes occur. The best way to achieve sound planning is by getting expert advice. First, meet informally with your customer service, accounts receivable, receiving, or materials manager to learn their headaches. Then, contact Data Communication Solutions (DCS). Our DCS Consultants have the experience you need and can assist with a:
1. No-cost assessment: DCS will review your current processes, problems and unmet requests.
2. Mini report: Your report will provide time estimates and help set priorities.
3. Budget planning: We provide you with a sound estimate and an understanding of payback results.
Our team of seasoned experts has the EDI, secure Internet, and industry experience you need. Our assessments are sound and your return on investment can be measured in real dollar savings. Our DCS GROW™ development service distills the experience of many DCS Consultants and thousands of successful EDI projects since 1991, to ensure your EDI implementation is smooth and that your key customers are satisfied.
Proven Ways EDI Can Help You Improve Your Bottom Line
- Smooth and Automated EDI Steps – You have more time to scrutinize orders for correct prices and discounts.
- Secure Internet Data Transmission (AS2) – Reduce the cost of pricey VANS by moving more traffic through the Internet. (About 3 hours per customer, after 8 hours setting and testing.)
- More Customers – Change orders that are e-mailed or faxed to EDI, you reduce data entry time and provide more prompt order fills. (The time to add a customer for POs, Shipment Notices, and Invoices is about 4-12 hours for each customer; it varies widely.)
- Web Forms – Sales Order data fetched from a Web form could come by EDI or XML and then automatically load into your ERP system.
- P.O. Acknowledgements – Prompt notices of quantities shipped and the promised dates increases productivity. (The P.O. Ack. will be received and printed or emailed to them. The time estimate is about 8 hours for the first and then 2 hours each for subsequent vendor.)
- Pick-up Notices – You are automatically alerted upon pick-up of inbound shipments. Your receiving dock and material planners can be ready for the shipment or call if they don’t get a notice. (The notice will be received and printed or emailed to them. The time estimate is about 8 hours for the first and then 2 hours each for subsequent.)
It is important that you first meet informally with the customer service, accounts receivable, receiving, or materials manager to learn their headaches. Then, contact us for EDI solutions and a reliable estimate.
Planning for Sustainability and EDI
Corporations are concerned not only with profits but also with sustainability and the “green image” they project. DCS can help you plan the transition of implementing EDI. Click here to learn more.
DCS Can Help You Prepare
When you are ready to prepare for the upcoming season, your first step is easy. Just call your DCS Consultant or contact us today.